Yoga Therapy is the use of the tools of yoga to promote health and healing at any dimension of the human system.
“My body is more delightful to live in.”
– J.P., River Flow Yoga client
Yoga Therapy is different from general wellness yoga in that the practice is adapted to the specific needs of the practitioner and is tailored to create specific effects based on the client’s goals.
Yoga Therapy involves the practitioner taking an active role in their own healing process. People who are interested in using yoga may seek out the services of a Yoga Therapist for:
- Structural issues like low back pain, hip pain, knee problems or upper back, neck and shoulder pain, poor balance, chronic pain conditions and preparing for/healing from joint replacement surgery
- Physiological concerns like sleep issues, fatigue, digestive problems, headaches, hormonal symptoms, diabetes, immune conditions, heart disease or side effects from cancer treatment, and preparing for a major surgery
- Mental health concerns like chronic stress, anxiety, depression, grief or life-changing situations
- Conditions that create a combination of structural and physiological changes and life adjustment such as cancer, heart disease or stroke.
A Yoga Therapist is specially trained to work with individuals and groups to use therapeutic applications of the tools of yoga. A certified Yoga Therapist has training beyond a general yoga teacher training. Mary has certifications from a 200 hr teacher training, 500 hr teacher training and a 500+ hour Yoga Therapist training. She also has a 25 year career in public health, nutrition, and chronic disease prevention. She understands how personalized yoga practices intersect with and complement western medical treatments.
What is the cost of Yoga Therapy or private instruction?
Mary sees clients for $75/hour or 4 sessions (1 to 1-1/4 hr/session) for $250. Visits are at 5 Koshas Yoga & Wellness Center, 2220 Sherman Street, Wausau, WI 54401 unless a home visit is requested.
Your Personalized Yoga Therapy or General Wellness Yoga Audio Practice
Some clients benefit greatly from the development of personalized audio practice that meets their individual needs. Mary works with clients to co-create an audio practice. The package price is $200 and includes 2 visits to assess, develop and refine a practice or short practices and 1 visit to record the practice. An audio CD and mp3 files and written practice are delivered after the recording session.
Set Up an Appointment: Email Mary or call 715.218.7120.