Our mission is to offer high quality entry level (200-hour) and advanced level (300-hour) yoga teacher training in a weekend format that is accessible for busy people. The progression of the programs over 12 to 15 months is meant to optimize integration for adult learners. The schedule minimizes winter travel and any scheduled weekends over important holidays and family celebrations.
River Flow Yoga teacher training offerings are rooted in an authentic yoga lineage as transmitted to the faculty by Gary Kraftsow, of the American Viniyoga Institute. Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, School Director, Lead Teacher, Viniyoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist and several faculty members trained directly with Gary Kraftsow, of the American Viniyoga Institute, including:
• Heather Van Dalfsen, MEd, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist
• Andrew Beaumont, MD, PhD, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist-in-Training
• Steve White, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist
• Jane Wengert, RN, C-IAYT, Certified Foundation for Yoga Therapy & Yoga Therapist
• Bill Miller, RYT 500, Certified Viniyoga Teacher
Distinguishing features of this approach include:
- breath-centered movement
- use of repetition and stay in postures (asana)
- functional benefit of the posture (asana) over an exact form
- safe and intentional sequencing of practices
- adaptation of yoga tools and techniques for the practitioner and group.
The trademark for the term, Viniyoga, is the property of Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute.
Rivers have a deeper symbolic meaning in the tradition of yoga. They are symbols of the connection between the breath and movement, flow, rejuvenation, and the personal path of the yoga practitioner.
Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist, is the owner and lead teacher for the River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School. Learn More About Mary.