River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School is a registered yoga teacher training school with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hr level and a Wisconsin Educational Approval Board yoga teacher training program at the 200 hr level.
The mission of the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is to prepare students to deepen their own personal practice and study of yoga and to teach general wellness yoga to diverse individuals and groups of students in a variety of settings. Our philosophy is to keep the time-honored and authentic tradition of yoga alive and relevant for the modern context.
River Flow Yoga LLC is owned and operated by Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT-500, C-IAYT, an experienced Viniyoga teacher and Yoga Therapist who has been training yoga teachers in the Midwest since 2009. She has assembled a group of talented teachers trained in the Viniyoga lineage in the Midwest to assist in the training.
Our Approach to Yoga
Our approach to Yoga adapts the tools and techniques of yoga to the individual and group. We transmit teachings consistent with the lineage of Viniyoga, as transmitted to us by Gary Kraftsow of the American Viniyoga Institute. Gary’s teacher was TKV Desikachar, the son of “the father of modern yoga,” T Krishnamacharya.
Distinguishing features of this approach include:
- breath-centered movement
- use of repetition and stay in postures (asana)
- functional benefit of the posture (asana) over an exact form
- safe and intentional sequencing of practices
- adaptation of yoga tools and techniques for the practitioner and group
- a comprehensive set of yoga tools to assist the practitioner including asana, pranayama, meditation, sound, yoga philosophy, nyasas, mudras and more.
The trademark for the term, Viniyoga is the property of Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute.